DiCE represents the voice of the digestive cancer community with a diverse and multilingual network of Full Members and Associate Members across Europe. Would you like to become a Member or are you looking for a patient organisation? Please find all information below.
We aim to give a voice to the 800,000 people who are diagnosed with digestive cancers every year in Europe, as well as the 1.5 million survivors and the families of the 500,000 patients who die every year.
Why Become a Member?
Becoming a DiCE Member means joining an established platform committed to getting the patient perspective heard.
Full Members by Country
Come and join our network of Full Members who have the right to vote at our General Assembly. Via free membership, we work together to make your national voice as strong as it can be.
Associated Members by Country
For our Associate Memberships we invite those organisations unable to affiliate as Full Members, to get their voices heard and strengthen our collective voice.
By acting together we create strength so that the patient voice is respected in all healthcare decision making bodies and discussions.
Joining as a Full Member or Associate Member, we welcome you to become a part of DiCE and to work with us towards the same mission. The mission of: contributing to early diagnosis and decreased mortality from digestive cancers and to increase quality of life and overall survival rates. Working together we increase the collective impact of the patient voice by:
- Be part of a large like-minded network that supports one another, facilitates real-life exchange and shares best practices.
- Take part in the DiCE annual Masterclass alongside the European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO), World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer organised in Barcelona every year.
- Discover funding best practices.
- Get help setting up patient information campaigns for different audiences.
- Work together with us to create communication materials with the most compelling facts from the patient perspective.
- Work with us to build coherence between national and regional policy
- Play an active part in our pan-European awareness campaigns.
- Join us and other national Members to access funding from the European Commission and the European Parliament.
- Input on our services for international pharmaceutical companies, so that digestive cancer patients’ voices are integrated when they design clinical trials
- Ensure the patient perspective is correctly reflected in Patient Reported Outcomes Measurements (PROMs) developed by medical societies.
- Add your organisation’s voice to regional and European policy discussions. We represent the collective digestive cancers patient voice at regular meetings with the European Commission, the European Parliament, WHO Europe, the WHO International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) and we are a part of the Innovative Partnership for Action Against Cancer (IPAAC)
- DiCE also attends the main medical congresses concerning digestive cancers.
If you wish to apply for Full or Associate Membership, please read our Principles of Membership Engagement to see if you qualify as a Full Member or as an Associate Member. Then, please complete this application form and return it, along with a letter of introduction and a registered copy of your organisation’s constitution, to email@example.com.
We look forward to forming a strong collective patient voice with you.