- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
DiCE collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (first name, last name, email address, salutation)
- Data related to the organisation you represent (organisation, job title, country, category to which the organisation belongs (i.e. European Commission/research)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide DiCE with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online for our services such as events, newsletter
- Download our resources and
- If you are a DiCE member, using resources in the Members only zone, we collect additional information: name, first name, organisation, website, email, specialties, Optionally you can also give your Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn link and information in the ‘about myself’ field.
- Complete DiCE surveys or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s
DiCE may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- DiCE mobile apps
How will we use your data?
DiCE collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order (requests) and manage your
- Email you with information and services we think you might
- Perform our duties as entrusted by you e. membership related issues, provisions of information on the website you are looking for etc.
How do we store your data?
DiCE securely stores your data at SharePoint in the EU.
DiCE stores your data on third party platforms it utilises like: Mailchimp, Limesurvey, Zoom and DiCE mobile apps.
Access to data on third party services is password protected, access to data is limited to only necessary personnel, authorized by admin rights privileges.
DiCE will keep your data unless asked by you to delete it for the duration of the functioning of the organisation itself.
DiCE would like to send you information about services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partners.
If you have agreed to receive information, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop DiCE from sending you information.
If you no longer wish to receive information from DiCE, please email us at: email@example.com, with the subject ‘unsubscribe from information request’.
What are your data protection rights?
DiCE would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request DiCE for copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that DiCE correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request DiCE to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that DiCE erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that DiCE restricts the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to DiCE processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that DiCE transfers the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to us: Digestive Cancers Europe asbl, Rue de la Loi 235, bte 27 – 1040 Brussels, Belgium
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org
- Keeping you signed in, if you are using the Members only zone
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – DiCE uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Analytics – DiCE uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Organisation shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website. Consult Google Analytics Safeguarding Your Data.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website (allaboutcookies.org) tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
Or write to us at: Digestive Cancers Europe asbl, Rue de la Loi 235, bte 27 – 1040 Brussels, Belgium
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that DiCE has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact Autorité de protection des données, Gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit