MEDICAL & SCIENTIFIC PROJECT MANAGER
Digestive Cancers Europe is looking for a Medical and Scientific Project Manager to assist us on EU-funded projects with strong medical and scientific content in the area of gastric cancer.
Title: Medical & Scientific Project Manager
Location: Remote (Europe) or Brussels
Employment type: 80% or more, freelance status preferred but not mandatory
Reports to: CEO, Digestive Cancers Europe
Starting date: 5th of January 2023
Project Manager Responsibilities
- Executing DiCE’s responsibilities within EU-funded projects with strong medical and scientific content, including timely production of EU projects deliverables
- Planning and implementing project communication activities, including website content creation, social media accounts management, etc.
- Drafting and finalising reports, factsheets and other content for diverse types of audiences, such as the general public, patients and healthcare professionals
- Leading stakeholder engagement (organise, attend and participate in project meetings)
- Managing international projects in collaboration with experts and national associations
- Supporting DiCE’s policy work in the area of digestive cancers, collaborating with the Policy Manager and strengthening synergies between projects and policy work of DiCE
- Participating in team meetings and contribute to the growth and development of the organisation
- Contributing to the development of new project proposals in the area of digestive cancers
- Managing project coordinators
Project Manager Requirements
- Master’s degree in biomedical sciences, biology, pharmacy or related
- Minimum five years of experience
- Experience with EU-funded projects
- Scientific and/or medical writing & editing
- Research, analyse, review and present scientific and/or medical-related information accurately, adapting content to the audience’s needs
- Able to take initiative and present new ideas
- Communication with diverse stakeholders and building strong and productive working relationships
- Managing simultaneously diverse projects
- Attention to detail
- Highly organised
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to work remotely and effectively both independently and as part of an international team
- Native level of English language and preferably another European language
- Excellent use of MS Office tools
- Have a compassionate, human vision of life and interest in improving the quality of life of cancer patients and carers
- Experience with writing patient and healthcare professional information
- Experience in working in the areas of health, cancer, and treatments
- Experience in working in a patient organisation
- Experience with working with healthcare professionals
- Experience in EU grant writing
What we offer
- An enthusiastic working environment with solid societal value
- A three-year contract, 30-38 hours/week
- A competitive salary
- The possibility to help grow the organisation and its impact
How to apply
Email to email@example.com (no telephone calls accepted), subject line: Application for DiCE [Position] Vacancy, with attachments:
- Curriculum vitae, with 3 professional references, including one from your current or most recent employment;
- Cover letter, no more than two A4 pages on your a) motivation, b) summary of qualifications, and c) salary history and/or requirement and d) earliest availability.
Deadline for application
15 November 2022 (23:59 CEST)
Short-listed candidates will be informed and invited for virtual interviews.
Due to the number of applications, kindly note that we are only able to respond to those with relevant profiles.
Digestive Cancers Europe (DiCE)
Digestive Cancers Europe is the umbrella organisation of close to 40 national members active in the area of digestive cancers (oesophagus, gastric, colon, rectum, pancreatic and rare digestive cancers).
DiCE is committed to advancing diagnosis and medical treatment, advocating high standards in clinical practice, education, and research, and supporting patient care for a better quality of life. DiCE’s vision is to see fewer people in Europe suffering from digestive cancers.
DiCE is based in Brussels and works as a virtual organisation across Europe. For further information, please contact Ghislaine at firstname.lastname@example.org.