COMMUNICATIONS & MEMBERSHIP COORDINATOR
Digestive Cancers Europe is looking for a Communications & Membership Coordinator/Officer to assist with all the organisation’s membership and communication needs.
Title: Communication & Membership Coordinator
Location: Remote (Europe) or Brussels
Employment type: 80% or more, freelance status preferred but not mandatory
Reports to: Communications Manager, Digestive Cancers Europe
Starting date: 5th of January 2023
Communications & Membership Coordinator Responsibilities
- Helps manage DiCE’s official communication channels:
- Social media (content creation, planning, scheduling, monitoring)
- Website (uploading of materials, upkeep of content)
- Supports the monthly production of the newsletter
- Supports the production of communication deliverables within EU-funded projects
- Builds and maintains favourable relationships and partnerships with Member Organisations (MOs) to further strengthen the DiCE network
- Facilitates communication and coordinates DiCE activities with MOs
- Supports MOs with awareness campaigns and other advocacy collaterals
- Any additional responsibility assigned by the Communications Manager
Communications & Membership Coordinator Requirements
- Have a university degree preferable in a relevant field, such as Journalism, Communication or similar
- Proficient in copywriting and proofreading
- Basic knowledge of graphic design
- Some knowledge of WordPress or any CRM
- Advanced understanding of social media networks – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
- A positive attitude and team spirit
- Able to multitask and be respectful of deadlines
- Fluent in English and with preferably good language skills in other European languages
- Experience with graphic design tools
- Experience with NGOs
- Experience with working in a patient organisation
- Experience with working with healthcare professionals
What we offer
- An enthusiastic working environment with solid societal value
- A three-year contract, 30-38 hours/week
- A competitive salary
How to apply
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org (no telephone calls accepted), subject line: Application for DiCE [Position] Vacancy, with attachments:
- Curriculum vitae, with 3 professional references, including one from your current or most recent employment;
- Cover letter, no more than two A4 pages on your a) motivation, b) summary of qualifications, and c) salary history and/or requirement and d) earliest availability.
Deadline for application
15 November 2022 (23:59 CEST)
Short-listed candidates will be informed and invited for virtual interviews.
Due to the number of applications, kindly note that we are only able to respond to those with relevant profiles.
Digestive Cancers Europe (DiCE)
Digestive Cancers Europe is the umbrella organisation of close to 40 national members active in the area of digestive cancers (oesophagus, gastric, colon, rectum, pancreatic and rare digestive cancers).
DiCE is committed to advancing diagnosis and medical treatment, advocating high standards in clinical practice, education, and research, and supporting patient care for a better quality of life. DiCE’s vision is to see fewer people in Europe suffering from digestive cancers.
DiCE is based in Brussels and works as a virtual organisation across Europe. For further information, please contact Ghislaine at email@example.com.