Prevalence of Colorectal Cancer
With almost 1.4 million new cases of colorectal cancer each year worldwide it presents 9.7% of the total global cancer cases.
Identifying Risk Factors
Signs and Symptoms of Colorectal Cancer
Diagnosed with CRC?
Biologic Medicines and Biosimilars
The increase in the number of cases is driven by population growth and ageing as well as poor diet and lifestyle.
- Colorectal cancer is the third most common cancer in men and the second in women worldwide with almost 55% of the cases occurring in more developed regions.
- In Europe it is the second most common cancer with more than 470,000 European citizens being diagnosed every year with the disease.
- Colorectal cancer kills 228,000 Europeans every year with the highest estimated mortality rates in both sexes being in Central and Eastern Europe.
- This disease is preventable in many cases and highly treatable if diagnosed in its early stages.
- Colorectal cancer is a disease that mainly effects the over 50’s, and there are more than 175 million citizens in Europe between the 50 to 69 years old.
Please confirm if you accept our tracking cookies. When declining the cookies, you can continue visiting the website without sending data to third party services. Read our complete cookie statement here.