DiCE Welcomes New Member from Spain – The Association Against Gastric Cancer and Gastrectomized Patients
It is with great pleasure that we welcome the Spanish patient organisation The Association Against Gastric Cancer and Gastrectomized Patients (ACCGG) to our family of Members.
The Association would like to introduce itself:
ACCGG is a non-profit association founded on January 31, 2018 when several people who had experienced this disease joined together to give visibility to the great amounts of misinformation both they and many other people face daily.
The Association’s main objectives are to:
- Be a reference for information on gastric cancer and gastrectomized patients
- Increase social awareness of the disease and its consequences
- Promote protocols for the prevention and early detection of the disease as well as for post-surgery
- Support, accompany and inform people and their families who are carriers or affected by a hereditary mutation
- Get funds to support and finance specialized cancer research and improve the health status of gastrectomized patients
- Promote policies to help patients affected by the disease and its consequences
- Encourage any initiative related to gastric cancer and gastrectomies
To achieve these goals, we run public outreach activities and information days, events and meetings with both public and private organizations. We have a great team of professionals with us, including a psycho-oncology cabinet, coaching, psychological and legal experts.
Throughout the years, we have managed to become a respected organisation in gastric cancer nationwide. We have collaborated in several gastric cancer studies and we are making great alliances to help us advance our cause.
It is a great honour for us to become a Member of DICE, together we can go further and succeed in our common goals, such as promoting oncological research in gastric cancer and being able to provide a better quality of life for survivors who go through this kind of surgery.
Pictured left to right Jose Antonio de Vicente, Secretary and Treasurer, Rubén González, Member of the Board, Pilar Ruiz, President, Candelas Fernández, Vice President.